Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pushing Back

I have been reading and listening to a lot of people talk and complain about the things going on in America today. I for one, don’t want to see this country fall apart. I don’t want to leave a broken country to my children, the way it was left to us. So I want to use this as a spring board to address what is going on, how it happen, and what are we can to do about it?

I am the first to admit that I don’t have all the answers, but I have some, and I have a few ideas as to what we can do.


First off, what is the problem?

Well, we are living at a time when the government is asking us to put our very lives in their hands. They want us to trust them with our economy, our national security, and our health care. But they can’t seem to get anything right.

The bail out’s have not helped the economy, cash for clunkers was a major failure, the borders remain insecure, inflation is increasing, the value of the dollar is dropping our debt is growing at an alarming rate, and it is only a matter of time before terrorists attack us again, and the government keeps asking us to trust them.



So how did this happen?

It is hard to say for sure, but over time politicians that think that they are above the people have hijacked this “government of the people, by the people, and for the people”. Our politicians don’t live by the same rules we do and I think that is wrong.

The worst part is that we have allowed it to happen. I am sorry to say, but we are all to blame.



What can we do?

I have outlined a number of issues that I feel need clear and focused modifications. I will add more in time, but I want to start with Items that I understand best, and expand after that.
Unlike most people that just complain, I want to do more... I want to see positive change in this country. I believe in capitalism and I feel in order for change to happen, the process of making that change needs to be profitable. (wow that flys in the face of the current thinking)

Here are some major issues as I see it, and each of them has a profitable solution:
· Biased news media
· Untested government planning
· Unchecked environmentalism
· Punishments of small business
· The tax code

I will dive in to each topic, and we can disuses ideas and hopefully, we can get some things turned around, and fix some of the problems that we all are facing.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about the different topics. Your take is solution based, which is a departure from what the majority of other blogs do--which is complain. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your discussions, however somewhere on the list you need to include foreign policy decisions. One of the biggest problems we face is dependency on foreign oil. Our economy is tied to the hip with countries that don't have our best interests at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donkey - thanks for the follow over at the Left Coast Rebel, I'm including your site as one to follow from a post I put up today. Keep the content flowing!

    ReplyDelete